When rain hits any hard surface, such as your roof or driveway, it can't soak into the ground so it runs off your property. Uncontrolled runoff can lead to flooding, erosion and pollution problems. It is the city's job to help control this runoff.
The City Engineer is working to modernize the Waxahachie storm water system and educate the public about the dangers of flash flooding.
- Development in the Floodplain
- Drainage System Maintenance
- Flood Safety
- Floodplain Management and Regulations
- Lot Grading and Clearing Trees from Property.
- Erosion Control
- Illicit Discharge
- Post Construction Runoff Control
- Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (need to post MS4 SWMP, Annual Report Links, Public Education)